Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer


Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can't. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren't. She couldn't imagine that after everything she's been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She's wrong. In this gripping sequel to 'The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer', the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this series is one of my favorites this year. In the past few years even. I love Mara and Noah. I love her family and all the crazy characters we meet throughout the story. I'm so glad that Hodkin didn't lose any of the wit and sarcasm that book one had. A lot of the questions that book one left were answered in this. But in turn,  there are more questions and the cliffhanger left me yelling 'what the hell??' It's going to be a looooooong wait til next fall before this can wrap up all my questions.

I love all the mystery and spooky aspects but the best part is the relationship between Mara and Noah. This poor girl has the whole world questioning her sanity and he stands by her side and has her back through everything. Noah is the kind of guy that any girl would want- he's cocky and a smartass with the brains to back it up. Yet there's a soft side to him that he keeps to himself but it's clear that Mara has a special hold on him. If you have not read this, you need to. It's truly an amazing story and one like I have not read in a long, long time.

4.5 bookmarks out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment