Friday, November 23, 2012


Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna's life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility. As their relationship deepens,  the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear  in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

First off, I loved this cover! The colors are just so pretty and that was the thing that really drew me to this one. I'm not going to lie, I did enjoy this but when it ended (again, not a series as far as I know) it left me with me questions than answers and that frustrates me to no end. But I was happy with the ending, despite all the questions I have now. Maybe one day I can let it go but for now it's floating around in my brain. 

Anna was a lot of fun. She was smart and full of life. Unlike a lot of other YA novels out, she has a great relationship with both her parents (nice to read a book where mom and dad are still alive). Her best friend, Emma, was this super vibrant British girl that I wanted to know so much more about! I hate when we meet a supporting character and end up almost loving them more than the actual main character. But my favorite character was Bennett. He actually felt like a real person with real emotions. I probably shouldn't like the parts where he and Anna have fights but reading his reactions only made it feel more alive.

All in all, a good read. If you can stand to possibly have more questions when you're done.

3.5 bookmarks out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment