Monday, November 26, 2012


Camden Pike has been grief stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. He'd give anything to have just one more glimpse of her. But when Cam visits the site of Viv's deadly accident, he sees an apparition. Her name is Nina and she's a girl from a parallel world. When Cam follows her there and makes an unbelievable discovery, it's as if all his wildest dreams have come true. But things are very different in this other world. Nina is hiding a secret and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with the truth, he's forced to make a choice that will change his life forever.

I'm drawn to a great cover and this might be one of my favorite ones this year. It was on my list before I even knew what it was about. Poor Cam. I really felt for the guy and it only made me like him more. Which is good since this whole book takes place with him front and center (YAY FOR BOYS!!). Still recovering from his father walking out on him after a career ending football injury, he seems unable to get over Viv's death. While visiting the accident site there's a weird green light then a girl coming through said weird green light. I'll admit, this bit was sort out there for me but I thought 'what the hell? i'll see where this goes.' I enjoyed the love story aspect of it but there was really no real depth apart from Cam's depression. And even that was almost forced down my throat. But again, a cute story with a slight twist so I didn't hate it.

2.75 bookmarks out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment